- Install Information
- Reviews (0)
Performance Gain: 17-20hp, 22-25ft-lb
V-Box Acceleration: 60-130mph Reduced By 0.3 Seconds
The Audi 8V RS3 Eventuri intake sets a new benchmark in aftermarket intake design for this platform. It was developed to achieve two objectives – 1) De-restrict the turbo inlet path. 2) Maintain low inlet temperatures. The first objective was met by using 88mm internal diameter tubing all the way to the turbo as well as using our unique Venturi housing to maintain laminar flow. The second objective was met by designing a sealed system to the stock cold air feed, therefore, ensuring the turbo does not draw heated air from the engine bay. The intake duct draws air from the stock feed and has been maximized in volume to allow the highest flow rate through the filter. The resulting performance gains and aesthetics are industry leading for the 8V RS3.
The Eventuri Difference
The 8V RS3 Eventuri system uses our Patent Pending Carbon fiber Housings which provide an aerodynamically efficient airflow path from the filter to the turbo tubing. Not just another cone filter with a heat shield but a unique design which invokes the Venturi effect.
Extensive testing was carried out on this system both on the Dyno and road. Firstly the dyno tests were carried out showing an impressive gain of approximately 17hp and 25ft-lb of torque. The gain is not just at the peak but throughout the RPM range. This translates on the road to increased part throttle and full throttle response with the car pulling much more eagerly to the redline. The testing was done on the same day back-to-back and temperatures were monitored to ensure consistency. The car was tested firstly with the stock intake – hood closed. We then left the car on the dyno and installed the Eventuri. The car was then run again – hood closed. Several runs were carried out with both configurations to get a consistent result.
We then took the car for some road testing using a Vbox unit to record the acceleration from 60-130mph (also 100-200Km/h). Testing was carried out on the same stretch of road – again on the same day to keep variables minimum. Results show that with just the intake added, the acceleration times from 60-130mph and also 100-200Km/h reduced by approximately 0.3 seconds which is a significant change at such speeds.
Acceleration results summary:
- 60-130mph with Stock intake = 12.013 seconds
- 60-130mph with Eventuri intake = 11.753 seconds
- 100-200Km/h with Stock intake = 10.271 seconds
- 100-200Km/h with Eventuri intake = 10.046 seconds
The gains are from a combination of reasons:
1) The sealed system keeps IATs low – the RS3 engine bay can get heat soaked very quickly so an open cone filter will cause an increase in IAT values resulting in a loss of performance.
2) The Venturi housing provides a smooth transition from the filter to the intake tubes which are both matched to an internal diameter of 88mm. This helps the turbo to run more efficiently.
3) The entire system is constructed from pure pre-preg carbon fibre which is great at insulating from heat.